Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sangue ed Amore: "Gerbiglio"

"Act III. Teresa drops a pellet of poison into the Madeira, having been told that the masked stranger with whom she has recently pledged eternal troth is in fact none other than the depraved Duke of Alvarez who, years ago, had murdered her gerbil (however, the stranger is actually her father, secretly returned from his twenty-year exile)." From the dramatic third act of Beniamino Tornatelli's 1861 opera, Gerbiglio. - --I've been doing a little series of opera spoofs recently, just for fun. I'll post more later.--

3 comments:

Danielle Barlow said...

Ha ha, This made me laugh. I love the operatic tragedy in waiting!

Casey said...

Wow Steve, I just happened on your blog through a whole chain of blogs (including Amy's) that I never knew existed. You're so good! I'm very impressed.

ArtSparker said...

On the other hand, marrying one's father is generally not a good idea...a silver lining. Funny, intriguing non-modern pen and ink execution.